It’s been quite awhile since I’ve posted anything so I feel like it’s about time, even if it’s a short post for today. Things have been extremely busy lately with going along on a grad trip with 150 eighth graders, working frantically on last-minute marking, report card writing, and a variety other end-of-the-school-year related things. However, now that school’s out for the summer, I should have a lot more time on my hands! Woo hoo!
I’ve decided to share how I make one of my favourites salads! It’s also simple and quick to put together. There’s just something so incredibly right about the combination of tomato, basil and bocconcini. I just love the freshness and mildness of bocconcini!
- About 8 sweet cocktail tomatoes (or other tomatoes of your choice)
- 200 g of mini bocconcini balls
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic vinegar (I used white balsamic vinegar since I happened to have that at home)
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and place into a bowl.
- Chop about half a bunch of basil (amount to your preference) and add them to the bowl.
- Add the bocconcini balls.
- Mix tomatoes, chopped basil, and bocconcini together.
- Add about 3 tbsp of EVOO and about 1-1.5 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Mix it all together and enjoy!
Yummy! This is such a great salad for summer! What else did my husband and I have for dinner that evening? Check it out below!
Have a wonderful summer everyone! A special shout-out to all my fellow hard-working teachers out there to relax and enjoy the time off!